Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A Few Do's and Don'ts
After your home or business faces water damage, whether that be from unexpected leaks or flooding, SERVPRO of Englewood/East Littleton is ready to respond and ready to restore. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with emergency restoration and cleanup.
While you wait for our professionals to arrive, there are a few steps you can take before help arrives to minimize further damage. The following tips below are a guide, and safety should be considered before taking any steps. Always remember to use caution because items damaged by water can become extremely heavy.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (303) 777-6498
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.